reverted ftl.vim HTML highlight feature

tyru
Hi freemarker-devel list.

sorry for a quick update, but I reverted ftl.vim HTML highlight feature.
because I found that ":setfiletype html.ftl" is enough to do this.
(Vim can define multiple filetypes to current buffer. I call it
"compound filetype" btw)
and FTL is embedded in many many text formats, not only HTML.
when FTL is highlighted with HTML syntax highlight but not in HTML,
user thinks it is annoying.
Could you upload it to freemarker page?

I already sent updated ftl.vim to Stephan, the author of ftl.vim.
and he has merged it.
( https://github.com/chaquotay/ftl-vim-syntax/pull/2 )

Regards

Re: reverted ftl.vim HTML highlight feature

Daniel Dekany
Friday, October 7, 2011, 3:57:20 PM, tyru wrote:

> Hi freemarker-devel list.
>
> sorry for a quick update, but I reverted ftl.vim HTML highlight feature.
> because I found that ":setfiletype html.ftl" is enough to do this.
> (Vim can define multiple filetypes to current buffer. I call it
> "compound filetype" btw)
> and FTL is embedded in many many text formats, not only HTML.
> when FTL is highlighted with HTML syntax highlight but not in HTML,
> user thinks it is annoying.
> Could you upload it to freemarker page?
>
> I already sent updated ftl.vim to Stephan, the author of ftl.vim.
> and he has merged it.
> ( https://github.com/chaquotay/ftl-vim-syntax/pull/2 )

So... I should upload this, right?
https://github.com/tyru/ftl-vim-syntax/blob/8a50edc469e2ed42ad2f92b69a78b17f94fe546c/syntax/ftl.vim

I did that. Thanks for the contribution.

2011/10/10 23:09 "Daniel Dekany" <[hidden email]>:

> Friday, October 7, 2011, 3:57:20 PM, tyru wrote:
>
> > Hi freemarker-devel list.
> >
> > sorry for a quick update, but I reverted ftl.vim HTML highlight feature.
> > because I found that ":setfiletype html.ftl" is enough to do this.
> > (Vim can define multiple filetypes to current buffer. I call it
> > "compound filetype" btw)
> > and FTL is embedded in many many text formats, not only HTML.
> > when FTL is highlighted with HTML syntax highlight but not in HTML,
> > user thinks it is annoying.
> > Could you upload it to freemarker page?
> >
> > I already sent updated ftl.vim to Stephan, the author of ftl.vim.
> > and he has merged it.
> > ( https://github.com/chaquotay/ftl-vim-syntax/pull/2 )
>
> So... I should upload this, right?
> https://github.com/tyru/ftl-vim-syntax/blob/8a50edc469e2ed42ad2f92b69a78b17f94fe546c/syntax/ftl.vim
>
> I did that. Thanks for the contribution.

Thanks!