(no subject)

Nancy Wang
Hi, all,

I have a ftl file, would like to know if there is a generic way to show all field values of a user and all field names (suppose  I don't know what fields are there in User bean)

ftl file

java file
        Map root = new HashMap();
        User user = new User();
        user.setFirstName("Byrant");
        user.setLastName("Johnson");
        user.setDob("19800920");
        user.setDep("HR");

        root.put("user", user);

User bean
private String firstName;
private String lastName;
private String dob;
private String dep;
public String getFirstName()

Re: (no subject)

Daniel Dekany
Unfortunately you can't do that out-of-the-box. Some may say that you
should use user?keys, but that will return not only the property names
but the method names too. But you could write a TemplatMethodModelEx
(that's like a #function only it's implemented in Java) that tries to get
the non-wrapped Java object with
((AdapterTemplateModel) arg).getAdaptedObject(Object.class)
then gets the property names with the java.beans API-s, builds a
freemarker.template.SimpleSequence based on what it sees, and returns
it. So you create a such TemplatMethodModelEx, let's call it
com.example.GetPropertyNamesMethod, and then put it into an #import-ed
ftl where you have
<#assign getPropertyNames = "com.example.GetPropertyNamesMethod"?new()>.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:53:40 PM, Nancy Wang wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I have a ftl file, would like to know if there is a generic way to
> show all field values of a user and all field names (suppose  I
> don't know what fields are there in User bean)
>
> ftl file
>

> java file
>         Map root = new HashMap();
>         User user = new User();
>         user.setFirstName("Byrant");
>         user.setLastName("Johnson");
>         user.setDob("19800920");
>         user.setDep("HR");
>
>         root.put("user", user);
>
> User bean
>  private String firstName;
>  private String lastName;
>  private String dob;
>  private String dep;
>  public String getFirstName()

Re: (no subject)

Nancy Wang
Hi, Daniel,

Thank you very much for your quick response! I tried user?keys

<#assign keys = user?keys>
<#list keys as key>
<#if key != "class" && key != "getClass" && key != "toString" && key != "equals" && key != "hashCode" && !key?starts_with("get") && !key?starts_with("set") >
</#if>
</#list>

Now I couldn't get the key's value. I tried user[key], user.get(key), none of them work. You advice is highly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
Nancy

Thursday, February 23, 2012, 8:38:24 PM, Nancy Wang wrote:

> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Thank you very much for your quick response! I tried user?keys

> <#assign keys = user?keys>
> <#list keys as key>
> <#if key != "class" && key != "getClass" && key != "toString" &&
> key != "equals" && key != "hashCode" && !key?starts_with("get") && !key?starts_with("set") >

Actually... ?keys is not that bad for this if I think about it more.
Because, you should just use <#if !user[key]?is_method> instead of
trying to checking against all possible method names (you never know
what methods will be there).

> </#if>
> </#list>
>
> Now I couldn't get the key's value. I tried user[key],
> user.get(key), none of them work. You advice is highly appreciated!

But user[key] should work. What's the error message?

> Thanks and best regards,
> Nancy

Thanks a lot for your advice! It works now, but the result not in sorted order, could it have sort order such as alphabetical order?

ftl
<#assign keys = user?keys>
<#list keys as key>
<#if key != "class" && !user[key]?is_method>
</#if>
</#list>
<#assign keys = user?keys>
<#list keys as key>
<#if key != "class" && !user[key]?is_method>
</#if>
</#list>

output

Thanks and best regards,
Nancy

Friday, February 24, 2012, 4:34:33 PM, Nancy Wang wrote:

> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Thanks a lot for your advice! It works now, but the result not in
> sorted order, could it have sort order such as alphabetical order?

Use <#list keys?sort as key>

> ftl
> <#assign keys = user?keys>
> <#list keys as key>
> <#if key != "class" && !user[key]?is_method>
> </#if>
> </#list>
> <#assign keys = user?keys>
> <#list keys as key>
> <#if key != "class" && !user[key]?is_method>
> </#if>
> </#list>
>
> output
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Nancy
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Daniel Dekany <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thursday, February 23, 2012, 8:38:24 PM, Nancy Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi, Daniel,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your quick response! I tried user?keys

>> <#assign keys = user?keys>
>> <#list keys as key>
>> <#if key != "class" && key != "getClass" && key != "toString" &&
>> key != "equals" && key != "hashCode" && !key?starts_with("get") && !key?starts_with("set") >
>
> Actually... ?keys is not that bad for this if I think about it more.
> Because, you should just use <#if !user[key]?is_method> instead of
> trying to checking against all possible method names (you never know
> what methods will be there).

>> </#if>
>> </#list>
>>
>> Now I couldn't get the key's value. I tried user[key],
>> user.get(key), none of them work. You advice is highly appreciated!
>
> But user[key] should work. What's the error message?
>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Nancy

Great! Thank you very much, Daniel !

Best regards,
Nancy

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Daniel Dekany <[hidden email]> wrote:
Friday, February 24, 2012, 4:34:33 PM, Nancy Wang wrote:

> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Thanks a lot for your advice! It works now, but the result not in
> sorted order, could it have sort order such as alphabetical order?

Use <#list keys?sort as key>

> ftl
> <#assign keys = user?keys>
> <#list keys as key>
> <#if key != "class" && !user[key]?is_method>
> </#if>
> </#list>
> <#assign keys = user?keys>
> <#list keys as key>
> <#if key != "class" && !user[key]?is_method>
> </#if>
> </#list>
>
> output
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Nancy
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Daniel Dekany <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thursday, February 23, 2012, 8:38:24 PM, Nancy Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi, Daniel,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your quick response! I tried user?keys

>> <#assign keys = user?keys>
>> <#list keys as key>
>> <#if key != "class" && key != "getClass" && key != "toString" &&
>> key != "equals" && key != "hashCode" && !key?starts_with("get") && !key?starts_with("set") >
>
> Actually... ?keys is not that bad for this if I think about it more.
> Because, you should just use <#if !user[key]?is_method> instead of
> trying to checking against all possible method names (you never know
> what methods will be there).

>> </#if>
>> </#list>
>>
>> Now I couldn't get the key's value. I tried user[key],
>> user.get(key), none of them work. You advice is highly appreciated!
>
> But user[key] should work. What's the error message?
>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Nancy

Hi, Daniel, Attila,

I am trying to load template, and couldn't find a working example for

URLTemplateLoader

need to implement getURL(), May I get some from you directly?

Thanks and best regards,
Nancy