What about a 2.3.13 release?

Daniel Dekany
I ask it again, because there was some suffering with the Rhino
wrapper. Was that resolved?

Anyway, I plan to do the release, like, tomorrow night or something.
So as usually, tell me to stop if you forgot to test something
properly or want to add something before the release.

Re: What about a 2.3.13 release?

Attila Szegedi-3
Well, as far as that Rhino issue is concerned, it's "works for me",
but the person reporting it was hitting some other issue after my
initial fix. I don't really have time nor capacity right now (I'm
suffering from some irritating eye infection for a week now, and can
only stare at a screen about 15 minutes before taking a longer break,
barely enough to keep up with my mail) to investigate this further.

Attila.

On 2008.04.27., at 19:04, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> I ask it again, because there was some suffering with the Rhino
> wrapper. Was that resolved?
>
> Anyway, I plan to do the release, like, tomorrow night or something.
> So as usually, tell me to stop if you forgot to test something
> properly or want to add something before the release.

> Daniel Dekany

Re: What about a 2.3.13 release?

Daniel Dekany
Sunday, April 27, 2008, 7:24:02 PM, Attila Szegedi wrote:

> Well, as far as that Rhino issue is concerned, it's "works for me",
> but the person reporting it was hitting some other issue after my
> initial fix. I don't really have time nor capacity right now (I'm
> suffering from some irritating eye infection for a week now, and can
> only stare at a screen about 15 minutes before taking a longer break,
> barely enough to keep up with my mail) to investigate this further.

But it doesn't do that if you are looking at something different (not
at a computer display)? /-:

> Attila.
>
> On 2008.04.27., at 19:04, Daniel Dekany wrote:
>
>> I ask it again, because there was some suffering with the Rhino
>> wrapper. Was that resolved?
>>
>> Anyway, I plan to do the release, like, tomorrow night or something.
>> So as usually, tell me to stop if you forgot to test something
>> properly or want to add something before the release.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Daniel Dekany

Re: What about a 2.3.13 release?

Attila Szegedi-3
On 2008.04.27., at 19:57, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> But it doesn't do that if you are looking at something different (not
> at a computer display)? /-:

It depends. Sometimes it is bad no matter what I look at (that's when
I lay with eyes closed), but staring at a screen (or a book...) seems
most stressful... I also need to apply some prescription ointment to
the eyes three times a day, which significantly blurs my vision for
30-60 minutes each time. All in all, it's a royal annoyance - when I'm
sick, I can at least either read or play Civilization, not this
time... I started using the medication on friday, and I sincerely hope
that I'll get back to normal by tomorrow or tuesday.

Attila.

Re: What about a 2.3.13 release?

aburgel
Daniel Dekany wrote
Anyway, I plan to do the release, like, tomorrow night or something.
So as usually, tell me to stop if you forgot to test something
properly or want to add something before the release.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1939742&group_id=794&atid=100794

a bug in SimpleHash that can cause ConcurrentModificationExceptions. there's a very simple fix which would be nice to get into the next release.

--alex

Re: What about a 2.3.13 release?

Attila Szegedi-3
Looking at the tracker item, this looks sensible to me. Except I
changed the proposed fix of "result == null" to "result == null && !
map.containsKey(key)". That'll allow caching of a wrapped null in case
null is explicitly bound in the map, which is admittedly a corner
case, but still...

Thanks for heads up, and especially for the proposed fix, Alex.

Attila.