Uploading latest version of FreeMarker to Maven repository on ibiblio

Uploading latest version of FreeMarker to Maven repository on ibiblio

Jimisola Laursen
Hi!

Would it be possible for FreeMarker Developer Team to always upload released versions to the Maven repository at ibiblio? It would really help us users. Currently, 2.3.6 is the latest version (http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/freemarker/freemarker) available in the central Maven repository.

For more information see: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

The pom.xml can (most likely) be copied from 2.3.6 and just have "2.3.6" replaced with "2.3.8". Currently, currently have it uploaded to my own (local) repository using this pom.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?><project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>freemarker</groupId>
  <artifactId>freemarker</artifactId>
  <version>2.3.8</version>
  <description>FreeMarker is a "template engine"; a generic tool to generate text output based on templates.</description>
  <url>http://freemarker.org/</url>
  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>BSD-style license</name>
      <url>http://freemarker.org/docs/app_license.html</url>
    </license>
  </licenses>
</project>

Regards,
Jimisola

Re: Uploading latest version of FreeMarker to Maven repository on ibiblio

Attila Szegedi
It looks to me this got solved in the meantime.

Speaking of this -- I think none of us FreeMarker developers are very
impressed with Maven; we simply don't use it, so we don't have much of the
incentive to maintain it in Maven repository. I can understand people are
using FreeMarker in their projects with Maven-based builds. However, since
ibiblio upload policy doesn't mandate that the developers of the library
upload the library, and it is pretty easy for people to do it on their own
when they need it, independently of us, we'll for now be happy with status
quo.

If you were the one who uploaded it, think of it as doing a contribution
to the project. Actually, whoever it was, feel free to drop a note on the
list whenever you do it, so you can collect our complimentary "Thanks"
reply :-)

Attila.