Spring MVC 3 with SpEL, Tiles and Freemarker?

MiB

Spring MVC 3 with SpEL, Tiles and Freemarker?

MiB
Do anyone of you guys have experience of building projects with Spring
MVC 3 using SpEL, Tiles with Freemarker and could tell me whether this
is viable at all?

Can I just use SpEL instead of EL or do I have to use both in my
project?

I'm currently replacing jspx views in a Spring MVC 3 project initially
set up by Spring Roo. Naturally, I'd like to use SpEL in Freemarker
templates, but as I'm still quite a newbie with Freemarker I would
very much like just a clue on what is possible or preferrable.

Open for thoughts and ideas in this area.

/MiB

Re: Spring MVC 3 with SpEL, Tiles and Freemarker?

misuss
Here is part of template using SpEL as FreeMarker directive:
<@spel expression="We say '{@greetingBean.printGreeting(name)}'"/> from Freemarker

the template evaluation result is: We say 'Hello Felix' from Freemarker

@greetingBean is standard Spring bean (contains 'Hello' greeting field)
name is FreeMarker model attribute (set up as 'Felix')

This is usable only for simple SpEL expressions producing String output.

For details follow this post:
http://adaptiweb.blogspot.sk/2012/10/freemarker-template-with-spring.html

Re: Spring MVC 3 with SpEL, Tiles and Freemarker?

MiB-2

9 okt 2012 kl. 18:30 skrev misuss:

> Here is part of template using SpEL as FreeMarker directive:
> <@spel expression="We say '{@greetingBean.printGreeting(name)}'"/> from
> Freemarker
>
> the template evaluation result is: We say 'Hello Felix' from Freemarker
>
> @greetingBean is standard Spring bean (contains 'Hello' greeting field)
> name is FreeMarker model attribute (set up as 'Felix')
>
> This is usable only for simple SpEL expressions producing String output.
>
> For details follow this post:
> http://adaptiweb.blogspot.sk/2012/10/freemarker-template-with-spring.html

I'll check this out for my next project. Thank you.