Single-stack debugger for multiple programming languages

Single-stack debugger for multiple programming languages

Attila Szegedi
Bruno Guedes just made me aware of this in a private e-mail:

<http://debedb.blogspot.com/2006/11/dbdb-jpda-based-single-stack-debugger.html>

is basically a project that allows you to interactively debug programs in
mixed languages with a single stack in the debugger. The project features
a Java + Oracle PL/SQL integration -- when you go into
[Prepared]Statement.execute(), your subsequent stack frames become PL/SQL
stack frames in the debugger. Very neat. I could really imagine FreeMarker
debugger going this way.

Attila.

--
home: http://www.szegedi.org
weblog: http://constc.blogspot.com

Re: Single-stack debugger for multiple programming languages

Max Rydahl Andersen

yes i thought the exact same thing.

Anyone who has time to integrate it into the FreeMarker IDE at JBoss IDE
would
be very much welcome! (I don't have time for it now ;(

/max

> Bruno Guedes just made me aware of this in a private e-mail:
>
> <http://debedb.blogspot.com/2006/11/dbdb-jpda-based-single-stack-debugger.html>
>
> is basically a project that allows you to interactively debug programs in
> mixed languages with a single stack in the debugger. The project features
> a Java + Oracle PL/SQL integration -- when you go into
> [Prepared]Statement.execute(), your subsequent stack frames become PL/SQL
> stack frames in the debugger. Very neat. I could really imagine
> FreeMarker
> debugger going this way.
>
> Attila.

Max Rydahl Andersen