Powered by Freemarker: PerlWizard - A free wizard for automatic Perl software code generation using simple forms

Powered by Freemarker: PerlWizard - A free wizard for automatic Perl software code generation using simple forms

Richard Bailey

FYI and for inclusion in .../docs/poweredBy.html:

PerlWizard quickly generates front ends for user-friendly Perl scripts for Unix and Windows, with emphasis on the user interface, managing defaults files, and providing help.  The generated user interface supplies defaults for unentered options, validates options, and records options for use as defaults on subsequent runs of the generated scripts.  Once PerlWizard generates the front end, the programmer just needs to go to the bottom of the generated code and start writing.  Basically, you just need to fill out a few simple forms, click a few buttons, and you can quickly jump into coding the guts of your script without bothering with all the boilerplate needed to produce a robust, user-friendly Perl application.

Best Regards,

R. T. Bailey

http://www.rtbaileyphd.com/perlwizard/

P.S.:  Freemarker was great.  It saved me quite a bit of time when I converted the original Perl wizard to a Java Applet.  The original version was quite difficult due to all of the hundreds of print statements required.

The only problem I had was that there were about 4 lines of code that were disallowed in a Java applet.  I put in a bug report about it.