My plan for DLTK Freemarker plugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My plan for DLTK Freemarker plugin

angelozerr
Hi Daniel,

You are right. I have started a lot of features for DLTK Freemarker
plugin but none are really finished. So I decided to give me a plan :

1. Finish Syntax Coloring.
2. Finish Template Autocompletion
3. Finish Syntax Error with marker. But To do that I must waiting for
FM Parser improvment.
2. Finish Autocompletion (with Data-Model). To do that I must waiting
for FM Parser improvment too.

I will study your comments about autocompletion. But I think I can
avoid to use my AssistUtils class to know where cursor is positionned.
Indead  Syntax Coloring.is managed with Token. So if I built Token
corretly (I must do that to have a cool  Syntax Coloring) I could use
it to know where cursor is positionned.

I will contact you ass soon as I will improve Syntax Coloring.

Regards Angelo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
FreeMarker-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freemarker-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: My plan for DLTK Freemarker plugin

Daniel Dekany
Thursday, July 29, 2010, 3:13:54 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> You are right. I have started a lot of features for DLTK Freemarker
> plugin but none are really finished. So I decided to give me a plan:
>
> 1. Finish Syntax Coloring.

When you do this, consider that later, at least ideally, syntax
coloring should be extended to HTML/XML syntax coloring (and maybe
even something else, like CSS). That is, the static parts of the
templates might needs its own syntax coloring. Same goes for
auto-completion (auto-completing HTML element names and attributes
names). Of course, these are fancy things that should be done later,
but considering these might influences how you design things now.

> 2. Finish Template Autocompletion
> 3. Finish Syntax Error with marker. But To do that I must waiting for
> FM Parser improvment.
> 2. Finish Autocompletion (with Data-Model). To do that I must waiting
> for FM Parser improvment too.
>
> I will study your comments about autocompletion. But I think I can
> avoid to use my AssistUtils class to know where cursor is positionned.
> Indead  Syntax Coloring.is managed with Token. So if I built Token
> corretly (I must do that to have a cool  Syntax Coloring) I could use
> it to know where cursor is positionned.

The syntax coloring algorithm or the output of that should be reused,
yes.

> I will contact you ass soon as I will improve Syntax Coloring.
>
> Regards Angelo

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
FreeMarker-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freemarker-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: My plan for DLTK Freemarker plugin

angelozerr
Hi Daniel,

2010/7/29 Daniel Dekany <[hidden email]>:

> Thursday, July 29, 2010, 3:13:54 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> You are right. I have started a lot of features for DLTK Freemarker
>> plugin but none are really finished. So I decided to give me a plan:
>>
>> 1. Finish Syntax Coloring.
>
> When you do this, consider that later, at least ideally, syntax
> coloring should be extended to HTML/XML syntax coloring (and maybe
> even something else, like CSS). That is, the static parts of the
> templates might needs its own syntax coloring. Same goes for
> auto-completion (auto-completing HTML element names and attributes
> names). Of course, these are fancy things that should be done later,
> but considering these might influences how you design things now.

Yes I have thought about that, but I don't know if it's hard to
implement that? I think it's possible to do that with Eclipse
Extension Plugin (Any plugin will able to contribute to completion +
synatx coloring). The Syntax Coloring will use standard JFace API. So
after I could write Eclipse Extension Plugin.

>
>> 2. Finish Template Autocompletion
>> 3. Finish Syntax Error with marker. But To do that I must waiting for
>> FM Parser improvment.
>> 2. Finish Autocompletion (with Data-Model). To do that I must waiting
>> for FM Parser improvment too.
>>
>> I will study your comments about autocompletion. But I think I can
>> avoid to use my AssistUtils class to know where cursor is positionned.
>> Indead  Syntax Coloring.is managed with Token. So if I built Token
>> corretly (I must do that to have a cool  Syntax Coloring) I could use
>> it to know where cursor is positionned.
>
> The syntax coloring algorithm or the output of that should be reused,
> yes.

I'm using JFace API (IToken, scanner...) and it's difficult to have
some helper classes which is not linked to this API.

>
>> I will contact you ass soon as I will improve Syntax Coloring.
>>
>> Regards Angelo
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Daniel Dekany
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
> _______________________________________________
> FreeMarker-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freemarker-devel
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
FreeMarker-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freemarker-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: My plan for DLTK Freemarker plugin

Daniel Dekany
Thursday, July 29, 2010, 3:55:16 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:

[snip]

>>> I will study your comments about autocompletion. But I think I can
>>> avoid to use my AssistUtils class to know where cursor is positionned.
>>> Indead  Syntax Coloring.is managed with Token. So if I built Token
>>> corretly (I must do that to have a cool  Syntax Coloring) I could use
>>> it to know where cursor is positionned.
>>
>> The syntax coloring algorithm or the output of that should be reused,
>> yes.
>
> I'm using JFace API (IToken, scanner...) and it's difficult to have
> some helper classes which is not linked to this API.
[snip]

I meant reused for the context-sensitive auto-completion.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
FreeMarker-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freemarker-devel