JSP supports: How are all those borken XSD-s useful?

JSP supports: How are all those borken XSD-s useful?

Daniel Dekany
All the XSD included in freemarker.jar are broken (for a long long
time), as the things that are "xsd:include"-d in them aren't included
in freemarker.jar. So, if when parsing web.xml and .tld-s it does
mater if the referred XSD-s can't be found (otherwise we wouldn't
include web-app_2_5.xsd and such, right?), how it isn't mater that

Re: JSP supports: How are all those borken XSD-s useful?

Daniel Dekany
With other words, can't we just remove those XSD-s?

To clarify the matter, DTD-s are different kind of dependencies,
because the XML parser must load them, even if validation is off
(because if the default attributes and entities). But XSD-s... you
have to be pretty much explicit to load them in Java, right?

Saturday, May 7, 2011, 10:08:15 PM, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> All the XSD included in freemarker.jar are broken (for a long long
> time), as the things that are "xsd:include"-d in them aren't included
> in freemarker.jar. So, if when parsing web.xml and .tld-s it does
> mater if the referred XSD-s can't be found (otherwise we wouldn't
> include web-app_2_5.xsd and such, right?), how it isn't mater that

Re: JSP supports: How are all those borken XSD-s useful?

Daniel Dekany
Nobody? Well then, I just went ahead and deleted all the XSD-s in the
2.4 branch.