Quantcast

Include remote file in FTL template

KariC
I want to pull markup from a remote page on my system, into an FTL page.  Can this be done or can you only use the <#include> method for local files?

Re: Include remote file in FTL template

Sushrut Bidwai

On 19 December 2015 at 04:17, KariC <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to pull markup from a remote page on my system, into an FTL page.  Can
this be done or can you only use the <#include> method for local files?

Best Regards,
Sushrut

Re: Include remote file in FTL template

FreeMarker templates are loaded by the TemplateLoader object which was
set via Configuration.setTemplateLoader(TemplateLoader). Thus, the
rest of the system doesn't care where the templates are coming from.
It's the question of what (custom) TemplateLoader you set. Like you
could implement one where template are loaded from the "class path",
except those whose name starts with "http://".

Friday, December 18, 2015, 11:47:06 PM, KariC wrote:

> I want to pull markup from a remote page on my system, into an FTL page.  Can
> this be done or can you only use the <#include> method for local files?

---

Re: Include remote file in FTL template

KariC
Ahh, very nice.  I have to do some homework but I may be able to use that.