FreeMarker Manual in PDF ?

Albert Kam
Is the english manual available in PDF format ?
I can only see the link for the chinese version.

That would be helpful for developers (like me) who prefer using adobe to search, read from the toc tree, and with local speed without having dependency to being online.

--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.

Re: FreeMarker Manual in PDF ?

Daniel Dekany
Friday, March 8, 2013, 7:24:54 AM, Albert Kam wrote:

> Is the english manual available in PDF format ?

Nope. (It's customized XDocBook, and I have never got around to make
a proper XSL-FO generator for it...)

> I can only see the link for the chinese version.

(That was made in Word by the translator... so it has no proper HTML
output, but it has proper PDF output.)

> That would be helpful for developers (like me) who prefer using
> adobe to search, read from the toc tree, and with local speed
> without having dependency to being online.

Actually, the Manual is part of the FreeMarker distribution, so you
don't have to be on-line. The lack of global searching is still
problem then, but note that there's an Index page.

Re: FreeMarker Manual in PDF ?

Albert Kam
I didnt realize that the manual is included in the distribution because i use freemarker via maven, only fetching the jar needed.

I am very satisfied with the html format with the default toc and detailed toc, along with the indexes, so thank you !