FreeMarker 2.3.21 Release Candidate 1 is out for testing
The final 2.3.21 is expected to come out in early or mid October. If
you can, please use 2.3.21-rc01 for your development builds until
that, and report any issues! Of course, any comments on the new
features are highly welcome too.
The change log is quite big - please find it in the download, as part
of the Manual. But some highlights are:
- New kind of range expressions, like ranges with exclusive end.
- String to boolean/number/date/time/dateTime conversions were
enhanced to properly support XML Schema formats (often needed
when processing XML coming from the data-model).
- XML Schema and ISO 8601 date/time/dateTime formats can be specified
as the default formats (via the date_format, time_format and
- Major reworking of overloaded method selection, which was always
a weak point of FreeMarker. But, to maximize backward compatibility,
the improvements and fixes are only active if the BeansWrapper or
DefaultObjectWrapper was created with "incompatibleImprovements"
constructor argument 2.3.21 - see in the version history.
- Error message quality improvements continued, to address the most
common questions of users.