Fm web editor

Roded

Hi,
I've created a FM js editor, for your consideration.
https://github.com/roded/freemarker-web-editor
Best regards,
Roded.

Re: Fm web editor

Daniel Dekany
That's certainly an interesting initiative!

How do you create the PEG.js lexer/parser? Is that purely manual
labor? I wonder how could the FreeMarker project itself provide the
input for generating these, because the same problem came up with the
Eclipse plugin (an FTL lexer/parser has to be written from scratch).
Not only that's extra work for the tool author, but it's quite
difficult to get it right (given all the quirks and historical baggage
of FTL), but also, these things will go outdated as FTL evolves. Like,
even adding a new built-in or directive, which happens often, can
cause problems.

Sunday, December 22, 2013, 9:57:20 AM, Roded wrote:

> Hi,
> I've created a FM js editor, for your consideration.
> https://github.com/roded/freemarker-web-editor
> Best regards,
> Roded.

Re: Fm web editor

Roded
That remains the biggest issue. It is all manual labour..
Translating between different grammars is hard..
The closest possible solution I've found was to use ANTLR's different generators for creation of lexer+parser for a specific language from the same grammar, but that functionality wasn't complete last time I checked.
Don't know if Javacc has such functionality.
Roded