DLTK Freemarker Plugin. Perspective + Wizards

DLTK Freemarker Plugin. Perspective + Wizards

angelozerr
Hi Daniel,

I have commited my work and now you have :

* Freemarker Perspective (Please see screen for more explanation).
* Freemarker Wizards to :
** create Freemarker Project. I must improve it to create Java Project
nature too.
** create empty FTL file.

I think we could improve he wizard to create FTL snippets like PDED
TEmplates. But it just an idea for teh future.

Hope you will like Freemarker Perspective.

Regards Angelo

fm_perspective.png (70K) Download Attachment

Re: DLTK Freemarker Plugin. Perspective + Wizards

Daniel Dekany
Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 9:13:19 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I have commited my work and now you have :
>
> * Freemarker Perspective (Please see screen for more explanation).
> * Freemarker Wizards to :
> ** create Freemarker Project. I must improve it to create Java Project
> nature too.
> ** create empty FTL file.
>
> I think we could improve he wizard to create FTL snippets like PDED
> TEmplates. But it just an idea for teh future.
>
> Hope you will like Freemarker Perspective.

Looks fine.

"FreeMarker project" strikes me as something that will be seldom used,
since people will most often just start creating a Java project or
Groovy project or a Scala project, and only then start to think about
using FTL-s in the project as well, given FTL is not a general purpose
programming language, but something used as a secondary language next
to the main programming language. In these cases they just have to
turn on the FreeMarker nature for the project, I suppose. Ideally,
that could happen automatically when they create a new FTL file for
the first time. I don't know if Eclipse can be (easily) instructed to
do this, however.

Another thing... FreeMarker should be written with an uppercase "M".

2010/8/4 Daniel Dekany <[hidden email]>:

> Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 9:13:19 PM, Angelo zerr wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> I have commited my work and now you have :
>>
>> * Freemarker Perspective (Please see screen for more explanation).
>> * Freemarker Wizards to :
>> ** create Freemarker Project. I must improve it to create Java Project
>> nature too.
>> ** create empty FTL file.
>>
>> I think we could improve he wizard to create FTL snippets like PDED
>> TEmplates. But it just an idea for teh future.
>>
>> Hope you will like Freemarker Perspective.
>
> Looks fine.

Cool:)

> "FreeMarker project" strikes me as something that will be seldom used,
> since people will most often just start creating a Java project or
> Groovy project or a Scala project, and only then start to think about
> using FTL-s in the project as well, given FTL is not a general purpose
> programming language, but something used as a secondary language next
> to the main programming language.

I agree with you. Freemarker Project is not very interesting (for the
moment) but it was very easy to do that with DLTK. This wizard create
your an empty project Eclipse with Freemarker nature. But I think it
should be cool if we have FTL snippets. Ex : you select "Product
snippet" and it generate FTL product sample with Java model. But it's
just an idea for the future.

> In these cases they just have to
> turn on the FreeMarker nature for the project,
> I suppose.
Yes.
> Ideally,
> that could happen automatically when they create a new FTL file for
> the first time. I don't know if Eclipse can be (easily) instructed to
> do this, however.
I have never seen that. I don't know how manage that?

> Another thing... FreeMarker should be written with an uppercase "M".
Ok I will fix that.