Can I remove all the @author tags?

Daniel Dekany
Can I? This is a question maintly to Attila and Jonathan, because
pretty much all of these tagas are from them.

Those tags are very often just @originalAuthor-s at this point, and
that will just become more so. They aren't usable anyomre for finding
the person who should be contacted if there's a problem. So they are
just disinformation AFAIS. (If you just want to be credited for your
work (which is rarely the case if someone looks at his code from 10
years earlier ;-) ), Who We Are and your CV is a better place.)